#JustLove Contest Rules and Regulations
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who post their photo on Instagram and tag and follow @tiethetnotorg. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Tie the Knot as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Monday, February 12, 2018. All online entries must be posted by Wednesday, February 21st 11:59 PM PT.
4. How to Enter: Each contestant is challenged to post a pic of them and a loved one (Partner, pet, boyfriend/girlfriend, bestie, sister/brother, etc.) both wearing a bow tie and using the hashtag #JustLove. Contestant must follow @tietheknotorg and tag @tietheknotorg to be eligible to be selected for the top 2. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Tie The Knot. You may post as many different photos as you’d like. You must provide the information requested.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) will receive a Grand Prize package of bow ties, socks, pocket squares, and shirts from The Tie Bar. Second place will receive two bow ties and two pairs of equality socks. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Tie The Knot. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Tie The Knot’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Tie The Knot to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: The top 2 posts will be selected by Tie The Knot. The winner will be chosen on instagram on Friday, February 23rd, by instagram users voting in an Instagram poll. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize under the supervision of Tie The Knot. Winner will be notified by email and/or Instagram Direct Message within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Tie The Knot shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT Tie the Knot’s SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Tie The Knot, anyone acting on behalf of Tie The Knot, and Tie The Knot’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Tie the Knot. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Tie The Knot from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Tie The Knot may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Tie The Knot reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Tie The Knots control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Tie The Knot may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Tie The Knot. Tie The Knot reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Tie the Knot has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Tie The Knot reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Tie The Knot and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Tie The Knot Tie c/o Bemel & Ross, located at 10880 Wilshire Blvd., Ste #1000 Los Angeles, CA 90024
15. Facebook: If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a contest or sweepstakes, include the following: The Campaign hosted by Tie The Knot is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. PERMISSION TO USE NAME/LIKENESS. The Winners, by submitting an entry via Instagram, grant permission to have his or her name, city, photograph and/or likeness used worldwide in any manner the Sponsor may deem appropriate for advertising, trade and/or promotional purposes without additional compensation or right of review, including without limitation, posting the Winners name on the TieTheKnot.org website (including social networking sites) unless prohibited by law.